Scope of Practice
Mission Statement: To support individuals and couples during the sacred awakening of intimacy within, and provide a safe and joyous space to cultivate this practice.
Intimacy Coaching Scope of Practice:
Intimacy Coaching Scope of Practice:
- Names: I call clients by the name and pronouns they wish to use at any given time.
- Intake: I require a questionnaire prior to the first session to understand how to shape our work together. If writing/reading is challenging for a client, suitable verbal exchanges can be arranged. I may ask for additional written feedback during the course of our counseling.
- If during or after intake I feel that intimacy coaching is not appropriate at this time due to a need for psychotherapy, I will discuss with the client immediately and prepare a list of resources.
- Follow up: I will be available by email for 72 hours following each scheduled session for questions, and will respond within 48 hours.
- Physical Contact: There may be physical touch and/or contact required between the coach and client. Verbal permission for contact will be sought before this takes place, and an explanation for its necessity. At any time, clients retain the right to stop any activities in the session.
- Nudity: Unless absolutely required for skill building, nudity will not be utilized in coaching. All efforts will be made to teach techniques using a latex model, or while clothed. If nudity is suggested, the client always has the right to refuse.
- Acts of intimacy: The following will not be part of the intimacy coaching experience, under any circumstances: kissing, fondling, oral sex, vaginal sex, anal sex, masturbation, or sexual stimulation through toys and objects.
- Payment is due at the time of purchase. Cancellations within 48 hours will be charged a $50 inconvenience fee for hourly sessions and the remainder refunded. Cancellations under 24 hours will be charged 50% of the full session cost. For packages and workshops, once initiated, they are non-refundable, unless the coach severs the relationship or due to extraordinary circumstances, at the discretion of the coach. When coaching is severed by the coach or due to extraordinary circumstances, any outstanding sessions/packages will be refunded minus the hourly rate for any time already spent coaching.
- If during or after intake I feel that intimacy coaching is not appropriate at this time due to a need for psychotherapy, I will refund any hourly sessions purchased and any packages purchased, minus the standard hourly rate for any time already spent coaching, OR client can retain the coaching for a time in the future once therapy has been utilized, and will not be subject to any increase in rates.
- Alternative arrangements for payment may be considered. Please contact the coach directly to discuss this option. Even if alternative arrangements are agreed upon, a credit card will still be required to hold the appointment.
- The coach works with individuals, partners, and polyamorous groups to work toward intimacy goals. Each path is unique and each journey will be tailored to each situation. A variety of modalities may be used: verbal, written, touch, music, sensory, or stimulus. If at any time a client wishes to stop a session, they reserve the right to do so. No refund can be given for time lost but additional time may be granted to revisit the material at the discretion of the coach.
- The coach has a right to refuse services to anyone that she does not feel comfortable continuing work with, or whom she feels would be better served by another practitioner. A written letter will be provided if the coach has decided to sever the coach/client relationship and funds will be returned for any outstanding hourly sessions or remaining package sessions minus the time already spent coaching at the standard hourly rate.
- Outside of Sessions: I will only acknowledge clients in public if they chose to acknowledge me first. Privacy and discretion is essential to fostering trust, and respecting my clients’ boundaries is a priority at all times. In addition, I will not engage with current clients on my personal social media, or in any electronic dating apps (please swipe left). Please feel free to follow the business pages on Facebook (Un-Bound NM) and Instagram (unboundnm).